15 THOUGHTS ON EDUCATION
I am pleased to share with you 15 amazing thoughts on education:
Teaching & schools:
- A great initiative in Canada that dismantles the traditional classroom.
- The secret of Europe’s top education system: lot’s of play
- A Montessori morning of a 4 year old.
- 3 rules to spark learning.
- An inspirational video for teachers: “every kid needs a champion”
Families & parenting:
- How to praise kids for effort by Carol Dweck (Standford professor)
- Have you heard of the longitudinal “Harvard Grant Study”? Success in life comes from having done chores as a kid!
- If you want your children to make their first steps towards the Nobel Prize, begin their education not with maths or chemistry. Begin with music!
- Music as an essential part of education
- A child’s brain develops faster with exposure to music education.
- How music trumps reading for childhood development
Science & nature:
- 3 ways to help primary students love science.
- The New York Times: how walking in nature changes the brain.
- What teenagers need most from their parents.
- This is scary video. Teenagers and the risks of social media (thanks Merche for the link!)