TALES OF MYSTERY AND MAGIC FOR HALLOWEEN
Tales of Mystery and Magic (edited by Barefoot Books) is a collection of stories that include tales of singing elves with magical feet, skeletons that move of their own accord and a heroic blackbird who outwits a powerful king.
It also includes a story time CD read by the author, Hugh Lapton, one of Britain’s leading storytellers.
This bewitching book features the following stories – specially chosen for young children- from around the globe:
- India: The Blackbird and his Wife
- Chile: The Two Little Elves
- Greenland’s Inuit tradition: The Mightiest Mouse that ever Nibbled Fat
- Seneca myths: Winter and Summer
- Scotland: The Strange Visitor
- Russian folk tales: Who lives in the Skull?
- Jamaican-African tradition: The Hunter’s Five Songs.
Seven stories each with an uncanny edge!
The illustrations – by Agnese Baruzzi– are original and beautiful. Agnese Baruzzi studied illustration at the Art Institute of Urbino and is the author and illustrator of many children’s books.
Tales of Mystery and Magic is an amazing book ideal for kids ages 4 to 8 years old. I bought this book recently as a Halloween gift for our kids, but it is ideal also for Christmas.
Wishing you all a spooky and magical Halloween!