5 THINGS TO DO IN VALENCIA WITH KIDS
Valencia is a great destination for a short trip with kids. If you are planning a visit to this beautiful Mediterranean city, you cannot skip the following recommendations:
- Oceanografic. Valencia’s Aquarium is an outstanding destination for families. The Oceanogràfic of the City of Arts and Sciences is the largest aquarium in Europe and contains representatives of the world’s main marine ecosystems. Each building is identified with the following aquatic environments: the Mediterranean, Wetlands, Temperate and Tropical Seas, Oceans, the Antarctic, the Arctic and the Red Sea. Our kids loved the Dolphinarium with 24 million litres of water and a depth of 10.5 metres, and there is even an underwater restaurant.
Your kids will learn the behaviors and ways of live of 500 species: dolphins, belugas, walruses, sea lions, seals, penguins, turtles, sharks, rays, sawfish, jellyfish, starfish, sea urchins, and crustaceans of all kinds…, as well as wetland bird species such as those inhabiting the Albufera de Valencia and tropical mangrove swamps.
- Enjoy a great paella at La Pepica , one of our favorite local restaurants. Even picker kids will love this typical dish of Valencia and you will also enjoy the incredible beach views.
- Make a day boat excursion through the coastline of Valencia. There are many options and we loved the cruises organized by Boramar
- Visit the historic hotel Las Arenas, created with the objective of restoring the beaches of Las Arenas and La Malvarrosa in the city of Valencia. The building, with a classical look, combines the architectural beauty of the historic Las Arenas Spa Resort, founded in 1898, with the elegance and comfort of modern design, occupying an exceptional seaside location. Kids are welcomed at the spa’s swimmingpool. It is also a great alternative for your stay in the city if you can find a good offer, as it is a five star hotel.
- Visit the city’s Príncipe Felipe Science Museum: Since its opening in 2000, the Museum has received over 30 million of visitors. It is an interactive science museum that stimulates curiosity and critical thinking, and presents science, technology and the environment in a surprising and amusing way.
The weather in Valencia allows you to travel throughout the year, but we especially love Valencia during spring.