BON VOYAGE: HOTELS FOR THE CONSCIOUS TRAVELER
We live in a fragile world, where each one of our decisions – even the smallest ones- can have a terrible impact on our planet. We have encouraged our readers to protect “our beautiful home” and we have
We are conscious of the negative impact that tourism has in local environments and population. But there is a new generation of hoteliers that are taking action and are making a real difference both in their communities and for the planet. Some of these amazing hoteliers are featured in Bon Voyage, an extraordinary book published this spring by Gestalten.
Bon Voyage (written by travel journalist Clara Le Fort) is much more than a wonderful book.
It is a conscious movement for all those who would like to combine travel and sustainability, who prefer slow-paced travel to massive tourism, who appreciate eco-friendly small hotels and authentic hospitality.
The featured hotels are using travel as a source to:
- empower communities by offering education.
- transform local communities with training programs
- care for younger generations, building schools and supporting local educational infrastructure.
- preserve nature in unspoiled locations
- respect the local’s environment, art and cultures
- reduce the impact of tourism in vulnerable ecosystems by protecting vulnerable wildlife species.
Bon Voyage will totally boost your wanderlust while celebrating boutique hotels that are sustainable and innovating in social responsibility.
From a lodge in the Namibian desert or a peaceful farm in
Bon Voyage also inspires you to admire the visionary entrepreneurs behind each boutique hotel, to embrace a unique approach to local food and to discover vibrantly designed hotels, all with the smallest ecological footprint.